Mon, 30 Oct 2017 01:01:05 GMT
The United Naga Council (UNC) has warned Naga elected members at this most crucial moment that whoever among them is working against the “collective history” of the Nagas will not be spared . This “warning” from the Naga body came at the backdrop of the “all political parties meeting on the territorial integrity of Manipur with reference to peace talks between the Government of India and NSCN-IM”.
On Sunday, UNC warned “elected members” from Naga community saying that, indulging in activities which are detrimental to the Naga movement will invite serious consequences. UNC also asserted that it will not remain mute to “all those measures which are against the Naga interest” taken up by different elements including the Manipur Government . “We are closely observing the unfolding development in Manipur currently,” said UNC while adding, “We will respond befittingly to all those elements and factors who/which are hurdles to the Naga peace process.” UNC further said that “we feel our patience has been taken as our weakness” . UNC then asked Nagas not to extend co-operation or involve in any programme which is attached with the names of the “seven new districts.” UNC further asked the Naga people to remain fully aware of the “designs of our adversaries” .
Today, the Government of India, Government of Manipur and UNC held Tripartie Talk at Senapati on 19 May 2017.
The following is outcome of the talks:
Senapati | May 15
The tripartite talk involving the United Naga Council (UNC), State Government of Manipur and Central Government will be held on May 19 at Senapati Town on the district creation issue.
Sources said the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) had communicated to the UNC today in this regard. However, they said a ‘written invitation’ for the talk is yet to reach the UNC and the State Government of Manipur from the MHA. It is learnt that due to the North East Chief Secretaries’ meeting convened by the MHA the tripartite talk was postponed for a week.
In the last tripartite talk on March 19 in Senapati it was agreed that the “next round of tripartite talks will be resumed within a month’s time at political level”. The one month’s time had lapsed on April 19.
Last week, UNC President, Gaidon Kamei had stated that “we are closely observing” whether the Biren Singh Government has wavered from its earlier position. “Let us hope that the Manipur Government does not indulge in double-talks while dealing with the issue.”
In the March 19 tripartite talk the “grievances of UNC that led to the imposition of economic blockade were recognised as non-adherence to the four Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs) and the Government of India’s assurance on the matter”. In that talk “the Manipur government agreed to start consultation with all stakeholders to redress the same”.
Gaidon Kamei had stated earlier that in the event of the failure from the part of the Manipur Government to keep its commitment to adhere to the four Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs) and assurances, “we have no choice but to initiate necessary movement to defend our rights and lands”.
“Our position is clear on the issue. The Government must honour the four MoUs and the assurance to the Nagas on the issue whatever it is,” asserted Gaidon Kamei, adding, “We are not going to compromise our position.” – NNN